29 January 2013

Around the House :: Organizing the Fridge

I don't know about you, but my fridge is CONSTANTLY disorganized, and everything is everywhere - there is no semblance of order at all. And in my resolution to be more organized, that definitely meant the fridge.

I was meandering through Pinterest (LOVE!!), and I happened upon this picture. And silly me, I can't find the pin, so maybe I just uploaded the picture without re-pinning. So if you know the link to the source of this image, please let me know, and I will add it pronto!


Now granted, my fridge doesn't have that many shelves. It has three shelves. And we have kids who LOVE to drink apple juice, so we usually have 2 jars of apple juice in the fridge at all times (well, when it's on sale)

But I'm going to give it a try. Here is what our fridge looks like now:

 
As you can see, this organization tool isn't as helpful as I wanted it to be. I don't think my fridge could be as clean as the one pictured in the pin. For starters, look at the milk that we have in there; it practically takes up half of the bottom shelf! And we have TONS of fresh vegetables. There are grapes in the bottom drawer, but the rest is vegetables. And you see the yogurt on the second shelf? Those cases of yogurt go all the way to the back of the fridge - Costco is really great for bulk!

Perhaps if I lived on my own - with no husband or kids to change things around without caring about where they are supposed to go - this fridge would still be properly organized, but still not like the first picture. But I don't, so this is my reality.

I hope my experience has helped you decide if you plan to reorganize your fridge.
Remember: it doesn't have to match the picture completely, it just has to be organized in a way that will work for you.

Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!