20 March 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go...


Well, tomorrow is my first day back at work. It was originally going to be May 1, but the company I'm working for now has asked me to come in sooner to help with assembling the tax returns that need to be couriered to their clients. Since I've done that before, they thought it would be a good idea to bring me in on the action.

I am pretty excited because I remember how accomplished I felt, knowing I was able to assist the company I was working for in the day-to-day administrative duties, which I LOVE doing!

But I am leaving my children to go to work. I feel a little ashamed about it because all my life I've had the mentality that a successful family will allow the mother to stay at home with her children while the father works. I know our situation is a little different, since Jeff wants to go back to school to pursue a different career, but I can't take away these deep-rooted assumptions about family life.

I know that it will take time to not want to cry every time I think about it, and this is for the future of my family. I am willing to take some loss now to have gain in the future. And these are the choices that Jeff and I have thought and prayed about for a looong time now, so we know that this is God's path for our lives. I just wish there was a way for me to have both sides: staying at home with my kids AND working in my field.

Okay. I'm done my little pity party.

Trees Hide

5 comments:

  1. (hugs) That's SO hard, but you guys can be proud as all get out that you are both taking equal responsibility for the well being of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is hard....but you become a very efficient mother....getting the children and Daddy doing things you used to do. So what is Jeff going to school for...and when does he start? Also will the children be at a sitters....or will Jeff look after them part time? The children will be more self sufficient and easier to get along in school....because they will have learned resposibility. Anyway good luck...and lean on God.....he will lead!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff will not know if's he's been approved for another couple of months. Until then, he will be with the kids during the day. He's thinking about getting his CIP (Certified Insurance Professional), so he can be an insurance inspector. That's the goal anyway.

      Delete
  3. It must be tough. I remember when I was working and my husband was in school (we didn't even have any kids!). Someone said something to me that was so encouraging. She said that maybe I was serving my husband more by having a job then being a homemaker. I had been feeling like I wasn't doing what I was "supposed to" by working out of the home, but her comment really helped. You're doing it for your husband and family, that's important.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!