28 September 2011

Weekend Alone

That's right. I spent the weekend alone. with my children. So technically, it wasn't completely alone. Jeffery was gone on a men's retreat with other men from our church. They go up every year. He left at 6:00 a.m. on Friday. To go golfing in Peterborough.


Every night that Jeff was gone, Alexander seemed to think it was okay to get up at 3:00 a.m. and sleep with mommy. That was sort of annoying, having to get up to put him back in bed. But I did fairly well - going to bed at around 10:30 p.m. both nights. Good for me.


I decided on the weekend that I was done with breastfeeding. I had been weaning Isabel for a few weeks, and I was only breastfeeding her in the evening when she was done her bottle - she had always seemed to want more. So I gave her half a bottle right after supper, and gave her a regular bottle at bedtime, and she hasn't needed more, and has slept through the night! So I'm done breastfeeding. I gotta tell you - it was nice to finally go to bed without a bra on. The freedom! lol


On Monday, I went to the Literacy Centre with the kids. Alexander and Isabel are getting more and more used to being there, and they really enjoy it. Isabel found herself in the mirror at school, and everyone was "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing over that. Ms. Nicole took some pictures too.


Alexander discovered what a snail looks like outside its shell. Ms. Nicole brought a snail to school, and she was showing everyone how it moves and how slimy it is. I was trying to get Alexander to touch the antennae, so they would recoil, but he wouldn't. Actually, I couldn't even touch the snail because one of the students told me I couldn't. So that was that.

On Tuesday, Nancy J. picked me and the kids up, and we headed up the "mountain" (escarpment, really) to the church building for some mom time. I don't know if we've put a name to it yet (we should really do that!), but every other Tuesday, moms with young children can come up to our church building to spend some time together, connecting with other adult conversation, watching the kids play together. Sort of like a huge play date.


Ken, Anne, Ethan and Moriah are doing well. Ethan and Moriah are still in NICU for feeding; we're hoping they will come home soon. Both babies are doing very well other than that. They are both very strong. They are really such miracles, and I can't wait for them to be able to go home!

It was funny, though. On Sunday, we were over at my parents' place after church. Ken and Anne came by after feeding the babies at the hospital. When they saw Isabel, they were like, "Wow, she's so big!" Compared to 4lb and 5lb babies, yeah a 24 lb infant/toddler would be big! And my mom grunted when she picked Isabel up, being used to such lighter babies. lol


This morning, I discovered that I used the last size 6 diaper we had in the house. GAH! So right after school, Alexander, Isabel and I walked over to the store and got the diapers. I was saved! lol  It would have been a great time to start toilet training, but, as I have said before, Alexander is just not ready. at all. I just have to be patient - which, as I tell Alexander every day, is waiting without whining. lol

Anyhoo, that's all for this week!

Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!