14 September 2011

We Are Killers!

... ant killers, that is. More about that later. On Friday we went to school and saw Tiffany there with her two boys, Levi and Reuben. I see her almost every week at church, but we never really get a chance to talk. So it was good to catch up.

On Friday night, Jeffery and I watched the movie Soul Surfer.


I didn't have any expectations for the movie, and I was pleasantly surprised. There were a bunch of big name actors, like Dennis Quaid, Helen Hunt, Annasophia Robb, and the guy who played Hercules. Let me tell you, it was weird seeing him play something other than Hercules. I know that he's done other work since that awesome TV series, but I haven't seen any of it. Carrie Underwood played a small part too. It is a Christian movie, and I think, all in all, it was well done.

On Saturday, Jeffery worked a home show, which turned out to be in St Catharines, not Burlington, like I said last week. After supper, we went to the Supercrawl on James Street with our friend Dan. I found it rather disappointing. Had I known that the Locke Street Festival was happening at the same time, I probably would have chosen to go there instead. It just seemed so cluttered, unorganized, and haphazardly put together.

The people on top of this building in the picture below: Alexander thought they were dragons. then they were sleeping and needed blankets. What a kid.


The highlights of Supercrawl for me was the Cupcake Diner (always great!), an a cappella vocal group, and seeing Laura and Scott, Esther and Sophie, and Cliff and Alice. The kids both behaved really well, and Alexander was able to keep up with us the whole time, and never complained once about being tired!

Sunday morning for us was filled with killing the ants that were coming in through the front door. We didn't go to church, we were killing ants. Our house is seriously an ant magnet.


Monday evening was spent with a ant killer foam. We pulled out the fridge (where I think the ants were living) and Jeffery filled all the cracks and holes with the foamy ant killer. Our entire main floor now smells completely sanitized, and I haven't seen an ant crawling along the kitchen floor since. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we won't see them any more.

Before we foamed the ant home, and before Jeffery even came home from work, Niki came over! We hadn't been able to coordinate a get-together for a while, and it was so lovely to see her again. We talked, made some cards, and ate pie. a wonderful cream pie. a very yummy cream pie. one that Jeffery did not get a piece of. ha! I hope to get together with Niki again soon; I really love that woman.

On Tuesday, Isabel woke up at around 10:00 a.m.! So, obviously, we didn't go to school that day. Instead, it was filled with playing together under the dining room table, walking to the store to pick up some groceries, and enjoying each other's company. Jeffery had to work, obviously, and that was the only not-so-great part of the day.

Yes, I know that there were no pictures of our children this week. That's because I didn't take any pictures this week. not a single picture. bad Shirley.

That's all!

Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!