07 September 2011

Getting Ready

This past week was a welcome change for everyone. It was finally cool enough outside! YAY!!! Isabel had to wear pants to keep her legs warm, which was interesting. She can't move as well in pants, so she was getting frustrated that she couldn't move so quickly. And yesterday Isabel was crying/whining unless she was being held, just like she was when she was first born. That is, until she pooped. Then she was happy again. Yeah, I just said that word. poop.


Alexander proved to me again that he is not ready for toilet training. Wearing underwear for about 3 minutes before peeing. :(  We'll try again in another few months. I was really hoping that he would be toilet trained by the end of the summer, but I guess that's not going to happen now. Maybe he'll be toilet trained by the end of next summer! GAH! I certainly hope he's trained sooner than that!

just about to sneeze!


I want to get the chocolate brown cotton yarn I want to make our winter hats. They are all going to match (Jeffery's idea), so it will be awesome in the extreme. extreme awesomeness. lol

The kids' new favourite place to play is under the table. The beautiful antique table that my uncle purchased and my gramma refinished. There is the plank of wood underneath the table that connects the supports for the table legs together, and that is where they play. Well, Alexander plays there, and Isabel just tries to get a hold of whatever Alexander is playing with. But Alexander is very good at sharing his toys. He really loves his sister.


Both children still have remnants of the cold from last week, and now Jeff's throat is starting to hurt. I haven't gotten sick yet, for which I am thankful. I don't want to even think about being sick and watching both kids, active as they are. I hope this cold leaves our household soon.

We didn't do anything interesting for the labour day weekend. Just stayed at home together, which was nice. There usually isn't a weekday that we're all together as a family for the whole day. It was kind of raining on and off, though, so we couldn't really go out and do something. In the morning, we walked down Ottawa Street to Barton, but that was all we did outside. It was really cold too, and we didn't want to be outside for too long.


We went to school this morning, though it was spitting during our walk to school. We have a new teacher, Ms. Denise. Mrs. Raike was asked to open up a new centre at another school. Ms. Denise is soft spoken, and is very kind with the children. It will be a pleasure to get to know her. I hope to go to school every day this year; that will be a challenge, since Isabel didn't wake up until 9:00 a.m. this morning! But I'm sure that will change.

Jeffery surprised us and came to the school at around 10:45 a.m., and he drove us home - it was nice not to get rained on. This also gave us a chance to try Isabel out in the big girl car seat. She's just WAY too heavy to carry in the infant car seat all the time; I'd rather hold on to her, or let her crawl, which is what she prefers as well. Isabel is 22 lbs now, according to our weigh scale, so it was time.

This coming Sunday is the recommencing of two services at church. During the summer, the attendance allows us to have just one service at 10:30 a.m., but with the school year upon us, we have to switch back to two services at 9:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. We have to attend the 9:30 a.m. service, since there is no Sunday School for Alexander during the second service.


This coming Saturday is the Supercrawl on James Street, and I am very excited to go! Jeffery is working a show in Burlington/Oakville, so the only time we can go is in the evening, and we'll have to find a babysitter. But I'm really excited to be going and seeing all the booths and talking to the vendors. I love going to shows!

It's that time for me to get started on our Christmas newsletter and Christmas cards! I know it's really early this year, but I have a few shows this year. And when that time comes, I want to focus on building inventory for those shows, and not making our Christmas cards and writing the newsletter. And I didn't have a chance to write up a newsletter last year, or even make up all the Christmas cards, because I was so busy with the Christmas sales, and giving birth to Isabel. I want to be prepared this year, so I will get an early start!

That's all for now, folks!

Trees Hide

2 comments:

  1. aww, such cute kiddos :)

    already preparing for christmas?? danggg. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to Supercrawl too! We're haven't decided when we're going but let me know if you want to meet up -- or if I can give a hand/ride if you want to bring the kids during the day instead of the evening?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!