02 September 2011

Bibs and Hats

I told you last week that I made some baby items for Ken and Anne's babies, who will be arriving any time this month! YAY!



I was able to make FIVE bibs with the rest of the cotton yarn from my mom! And a doekie (washcloth, for all you unfortunate not-dutch people), but's not very large, so maybe we'll use that as a bath doekie.

I also made some baby hats that won't make the babies' heads overly warm. They are made with Portugal cotton yarn, and it has a bit of a shimmer to it, the hats are really beautiful (if I may say so myself!). I made them pretty small, since the babies are estimated to be between 5 and 6 lbs each. Isabel's head was 14" when she was born at 9 lbs, so I made the hats with a 12" head circumference. I think that will be good enough. I hope they will be! It has been really difficult getting a good photo of these hats, since I don't have a head small enough to model them properly. So this will just have to do. I'm not a photographer, by any stretch of the imagination.


I got a message from an Australian on Etsy, asking me to make paper flowers as table confetti for her wedding reception in February! Her colours are gray, ivory, and pale yellow. A great colour combination, right? I sent her these three flowers as a sample, and as long as these colours match (you can never tell with computer monitors, right?), she will order a bunch!


This week was such a great week for The Orange Windmill! On Wednesday, I was featured on the front page of Etsy (which is a big deal), and on Thursday I got a blog feature and I was the spotlight artist for one of the teams I am in.

I also made a bunch more leather books for The Orange Windmill. I've been trying to make at least two books each day, one for the shop and one for the upcoming shows I'm doing. I am quickly running out of leather, though! But I've made enough sales to purchase some. Anyways, here is my favourite journal from this week:


I love the colour of the leather and the natural edge that makes up the top cover. I wanted to keep it for myself, but I have to finish the journal I'm currently writing in before I make another one for myself.

That's all for this week!

Trees Hide

3 comments:

  1. The bibs look great! Congrats on the Etsy recognition -- it's such a big community with a lot of competition, so that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, you're doing AMAZING!

    Those flowers for the wedding reception are pretty similar to the colours I picked for my kitchen...whenever I get a chance to prep and paint it, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!