01 July 2011

I'm Not Afraid to Admit...

I saw this post on Eat, Shop and Be Married, and I thought it was a lot of fun. So I'm trying it for today.

I'm not afraid to admit . . .

. . . that I wish I could sing again. When I do, my kids start crying because it's too loud (I sing musical theatre songs and classical).


. . . that I have two celebrity crushes. Gerard Butler and Zachary Levi. Both of these men are extremely good-looking.


. . . that I am a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to folding laundry. Folding laundry is the one thing I don't let Jeffery do. He can wash the dishes or clean the bathrooms (or both!), but I have to fold the laundry.


. . . that I like Beyonce's song "Run the World (Girls)" for its catchy beat. I don't necessarily like the message, but the beat and harmonies are neat.


. . . that I cannot dance. at all. Jeffery is embarrassed of me when we go out in public where there is dancing. When Jeff and I were dating, we were in the car and a song that I loved came on. I started bopping around to the beat, and the guys in the vehicle beside us started laughing at me. I'm that bad.


. . . that I wish I was a better cook.


. . . that I am a Pepsi girl. Coke is gross.


. . . that Jeff thinks I have ugly toes. But I think he has ugly toes. so there.


. . . that Jesus is my Saviour and Lord, and I will love and serve Him my entire life.


-Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Well said! I celebrate the laugh as I think of my own not-afraid's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to post a "I'm Not Afraid to Admit..." post? I would LOVE to read it - especially since you're giggling about these mysterious things... very curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about Beyonce's new song - I love the sound of it, but the lyrics are a turn-off. I was actually thinking of writing a post about this, so I was interested to see someone else had the same reaction! Although not necessarily for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!