16 February 2011

Focus on Family - Revelations and Dedication

This past week has brought us a few revelations:  We always thought that Alexander got his clumsiness from me.  Due to what happened this week, however, Alexander may have inherited his clumsiness from his daddy as well!  Just because I can't walk on a perfectly flat surface without tripping or losing my step in some way, Jeffery has fallen down the stairs in our house three times now, while I've only done it once - and that was in the middle of the night, and I couldn't see where I was going.  Each time Jeff has fallen, it was light and he could see perfectly fine.  He fell again on Saturday morning when he was coming down the stairs from our bedroom.  He now has two humongous bruises, one on his butt and one on his arm, and he's still really stiff and sore.  He's even finding it difficult to lift Alexander.


The second revelation is that Isabel behaves much better when she's in public.  She's a bit of a grump when she's at home, but the second we're somewhere else, she cries less and is more interested in her surroundings.    We went to a dessert party hosted by my dear friend Niki on Saturday, and Isabel was much better behaved, she only cried when she got hungry!  And on Sunday we were invited to dinner at the Young's, and again, she only fussed when she was hungry.  Maybe we should go out more often...  does anyone want a family of four over for dinner?


Isabel standing up on her own - Jeff is only holding her straight!


Saturday was the first time I clothed Isabel in something other than a sleeper - I felt ambitious, I guess!


This onesie was bought by great-gramma Eleveld.


On Sunday, Jeff stayed home from church, since he could barely move from being so stiff and sore, so I braved going by myself and the kids.  It didn't go so badly.  Other than the fact that my nose bled in the middle of church and I wasn't sure if Isabel would need to be fed while I was trying to stop the bleeding, everything went very smoothly - she didn't need me at all!  After church we went to my parents' place and spent some quality time with mom.  My sister Laura and her husband Scott came to mom and dad's too, to see the kids.  It was really great seeing them; I love my family.


I also discovered that I get really grumpy when there are things that I want to accomplish but can't because Isabel won't cooperate with me.  Take yesterday, for example.  I wanted to list my new card on etsy, but since Isabel wouldn't go to sleep, I couldn't, and I was really frustrated.  But when I thought to myself, "Well, Jeff has an appointment tonight after dinner; I'll just list it then," my frustration slowly seeped away.  And when I thought about it some more, I found out that I get frustrated when I want to get something done, but can't.  What does that say about me, I wonder?


This coming Sunday, Isabel is getting dedicated!  The service starts at 9:30 a.m. at Church on the Rock (we meet at Calvin Christian School in the gym), and lunch will be provided for family and friends.


Well, February is proving to follow through on it's promise to not give Jeff any sales.  To put it bluntly, we are not receiving a pay cheque this Friday.  This part of the month is when we have the majority of our bills coming out (mortgage, car payment, insurance, gas, etc), and that's not including any food we need to buy either!  And, to be honest, we are both getting a bit anxious about it.  As I said before, I trust that God will provide for us, but I wonder how He's going to do it this time.  Please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!