26 January 2011

Focus on Family - January 26

This week has been very full.  Ups and downs, as it is with everyone.  Life is busy for me with two children, and Jeff is a wonderful help, since he's at home more often (it's the slow season at work).  Isabel wakes me up about twice a night now, which is nice; however, I will be glad when she sleeps through the night.  Alexander gets bored really quickly, since I'm not available all the time to play with, but we're working on that one.


Here are a few pictures I took:


Isabel loves being held by daddy


trying so hard to focus!


not sure what he's doing there....




one of her quieter times in the vibrating chair


laying down


The service at church on Sunday was really inspiring for me.  Dave talked about meditating on the Word of God, and it moved me to start memorizing and focusing throughout the day on Scripture.  So I have a journal that I write verses in, and I open it up periodically during the day to add to it and to read the verses I added before.  It's really helping me concentrate on Him, and I'm not getting frustrated as easily with the kids, and I feel "fuller", if that makes sense.  If you don't do this, I would really recommend that you do - it's wonderful being reminded of the promises of God.


Something really interesting happened this past week, and I think it's a miracle!  As you may or may not know, Jeff is the only person bringing in an income since I'm a stay-at-home-mom.  And winter is the very slow part of the year because who wants to get their basements waterproofed in winter, when it's not leaking, right?


Well, the slow-down started in November instead of the end of December, and we had just enough money saved up to cover everything from the usual mid-December until end of February.  But since we had to start a month early, we have nothing left for next month, and we have nothing coming in for next month, either.  Just to understand the gravity of the situation, last February, Jeff made $52.50; and that's before taxes!


So we're kind of in a jam.  But to be completely honest with you, I'm not too anxious about this because I believe that God will provide; He has always provided for us, and I know that He is faithful to his children, and so that's how I know He will keep his promise.  We have to have faith, right?  Anyway, I digress.  The miracle is this:  Last pay, we only got $93.39, but we still had enough to pay all the bills coming out of the bank account and get groceries!  And on Sunday, we had $200.00 given to us, which will certainly help out as well.


And as for February... well, we'll just have to see what God will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!